Interest in & Utility of Additional Forums

Open for questions of visitors of DAN. Posts of our guests are on moderation queue.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

chili4way
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Paul
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N718NG
Airports: KADS

Re: Interest in & Utility of Additional Forums

Post by chili4way »

We may have set a new record for thread drift. A serious amount of crab angle may be required. :D
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

Colin wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:09 am Which Tesla forum do you like? (New Model Y. Stunning, stunning vehicle.)
Apologies to chili4way... But this is keeping the thread alive!

I'm on my second Model S lease, 1yr remaining and also second BMW i3 which I bought after the lease ended earlier this year. I hung on the Tesla forum heavily the first few years, but once I understood "Elon time" and sorted out the basics, I quit being a regular. In other words the learning curve flattened.

Tesla is now about 3yrs ahead, in part because of the Supercharger network which is a massive strategic advantage. V2 from Daimler, VW, BMW, Volvo, Jag and then the Chinese will arrive in 2022-3 about the same time as a couple of national L3 charging networks and give Tesla a serious challenge. Tesla is manufacturing Model T's (black or white interior?) that's how they got the manufacturing under control. Everyone else has better manufacturing expertise and Tesla will have to up their game.

Honda and Toyota missed the train and may be left behind.

And back to the first fork of thread drift, the Tesla Motors Club forum software is very good.
Last edited by Boatguy on Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Chris
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N449TS
Airports: KHIO

Post by Chris »

Colin wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:09 amWhich Tesla forum do you like? (New Model Y. Stunning, stunning vehicle.)
Russ and I have briefly discussed trying to migrate DAN to the platform that Tesla Motors Club uses, XenForo2. They have a migration path from phpBB, so it should be possible. Just need to find time to try it out and see how badly links would get broken during the migration.

I've had my Model Y for about six weeks now and am loving it. Seems like maybe there's enthusiasm for a Tesla sub-forum on DAN. :D
Chris
N449TS / DA42-NG / 42.AC049
KHIO
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Boatguy »

Chris wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:50 am
Colin wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:09 amWhich Tesla forum do you like? (New Model Y. Stunning, stunning vehicle.)
I've had my Model Y for about six weeks now and am loving it. Seems like maybe there's enthusiasm for a Tesla sub-forum on DAN. :D
Maybe a sub-forum for the much anticipated DA40-E!

Now, can we get some flight academies or schools to join this thread?
chili4way
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by chili4way »

I know if I was a fleet owner or flight school, a look at this thread would show me the value of this community and the benefits of joining the conversations. Especially if I was wondering what system to use for my website or I was debating which Tesla model to purchase.

The suspicions that such entities have a better connection to Diamond than DAN have been proven to be right. :bow

LOL :D
CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Post by CFIDave »

Just to add to the thread drift, we've owned a Tesla Model S for almost 6 years, and liked it so much we bought our 2nd Tesla (a Model X) earlier this year.

It's because of the Tesla Motors Club forum that I learned from other owners what changes occurred in each software update, and stopped upgrading my Model S years ago with Version 7.1, which still permits real hands-free Autopilot driving without being nagged to put your hands back on the wheel after 15 seconds. The older software also maintains the car's original high battery charging rate and full power. :)

Now back to Diamonds...
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI
ememic99
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Emir
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: SEMAD
Airports: LDZA LDVA

Post by ememic99 »

Let me add a bit more of drift. The fastest electric car is produced in Croatia https://www.rimac-automobili.com/ just handful produced and sold at price of $2 mil.
chili4way
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by chili4way »

Interesting.
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Boatguy »

OK - Flight Schools reading this. This much thread drift is unusual. I attribute it to Covid-19 and people spending more time on front of their computers, socially isolated and grasping at anything to interact with others.

Look around and there are some excellent threads on aircraft maintenance, avionics and pilot behaviors. We would appreciate it if you would actively join in and contribute to the knowledge base.