DA62 real performance and resale

Open for questions of visitors of DAN. Posts of our guests are on moderation queue.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

dselder1962
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: David
Aircraft Type: DA42-VI
Aircraft Registration: VHYDZ
Airports: YMMB

Re: DA62 real performance and resale

Post by dselder1962 »

Hi David:
It is indeed the same plane and it is indeed a very beautiful unit; just expensive (which obviously is why it's still there). Thanks for the feedback on Hawker and Fernando (and the timing chains). They have been very helpful & responsive so far, but I guess that's always the case before the sale.
May I ask what was the main driver for you to move from the 22t to the DA42-VI or DA62?
Brian
Brian
I had a 20 then the 22T. It only had 300 hours on it and was a demo, bought directly from Cirrus Aus, and all 6 cylinders had to be replaced. :scream: Both mags failed at 400 hours and a whole heap of other small things. :tap: The "service" from the Australian Cirrus guys was lacking. After a big fight the factory did fix the pots, but by then I had had enough of the ridiculous bills.
So when the 62 & 42 came out I thought I like the sound of those engines, given that all my last 4 cars (Porsches) have had diesels, no mags, and if no parachute then I want a second engine. I also am in Victoria so needed the FIKI and on board radar is brilliant.
Couldn't be happier!
I would like them to catch up a bit with the software and what G1000/NXi can actually do, but otherwise it is a fantastic plane. 17Gallons to top of climb instead of 40G, 13G in cruise v's 16.5 and Jet A1 is as you know cheaper by quite a bit.
And no 50 hourly. I have flew it 90 hours now so just coming up to my first minor service.
Cheers
David
David
Based in Moorabbin, Australia. 8-)
Past Cirrus 20
Past Cirrus 22T
Present Diamond 42-VI