Looking for DA40 in western MA

Open for questions of visitors of DAN. Posts of our guests are on moderation queue.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

galagan

Looking for DA40 in western MA

Post by galagan »

Hi all - I'm new to the forum and in the market for a DA40. I just finished my instrument training with Aspen Flying Club at Centennial near Denver and took the opportunity to train on a mid-2000s DA40 with a Garmin 530/430 setup. I really liked the plane for IFR and actually got the chance to fly in some flying-friendly IMC (which is almost unheard of there).

I live in Western Massachusetts near Harriman & West KAQW, near Albany, NY. I'm predictably having trouble finding Diamonds available that are anywhere near me through conventional channels and wondered if anyone might have advice on finding more opportunities. That said, I'm willing to travel to find something - it'd be my first plane purchase so I'm just learning the ropes.

Thanks for reading!

best,
dan
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Re: Looking for DA40 in western MA

Post by Kai »

Dan,

there are reasons why people sell their planes on barnstormers, controller.com and other sites.

A DA40 typically costs anything between $120-350k and the most normal thing is that the plane which fits your needs and price range is located anywhere in the US, maybe in Europe. So it is probable that at some point of your search you will have to travel to inspect and pick up the plane.

If you hoped that someone would offer his plane here in a forum thread, you won´t be lucky as it is against our forum rules: http://www.diamondaviators.net/forum/ucp.php?mode=terms
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
Charles
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Charles
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: C-FLEV
Airports: CYHU

Post by Charles »

Dan, there is a DA40 based at CYSG for sale right now and not yet advertised on the usual sites. Not very far from MA. PM me for the details if interested.
danno2000
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dan
Aircraft Registration: N270DS
Airports: KAQW

Post by danno2000 »

Just wanted to thank those of you who reached out to me. I am the proud owner of N270DS, flown back from Kenosha, WI to my home airport in North Adams, MA earlier this week. This forum has already been invaluable in giving me useful information and I look forward to being part of the Diamond owners' community.
best,
dan
dafzero
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: David
Aircraft Registration: N468MA
Airports: KAVL

Post by dafzero »

Congratulations Dan! Now the adventures really begin.

David
David Bevan
2005 40.547
Asheville, NC