Deltahawk?

Open for questions of visitors of DAN. Posts of our guests are on moderation queue.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

H60 pilot

Deltahawk?

Post by H60 pilot »

Just curious if anybody in the Diamond community has heard anything about Deltahawk, maybe during Sun 'N Fun or Oshkosh? I've been checking their website occasionally for ten years and all I've seen them produce are hats and T-shirts.

On paper I think their engine is quite amazing, too good to be true even. 200 hp available to FL180, no weight penalty, more available fuel at lower cost and with 40 gallon tanks the 40 would yield a net gain in payload, speed and range.

I've heard the claim they're providing engines for the military, if so I've yet to see one.

I don't understand how so few people can accrue private, state, and federal money and produce nothing in return? The engine has been flying for 14 years, they flew a SR20 into Oshkosh about three years ago, still haven't released a single performance data page from any of these flights? Strange.
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Re: Deltahawk?

Post by Kai »

I can only share your sentiments on Deltahawk: on paper it looks all great, they have promised for 10 years to go into production the next year but it is hard to get facts and reliable information from the company. We have talked about Delta Hawk on this forum in a few occasions before.

viewtopic.php?t=3408
viewtopic.php?t=5552&start=10
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
H60 pilot

Re: Deltahawk?

Post by H60 pilot »

Nice, thank you Sir. I liked the detailed information on the OM-654, sounds like an interesting upgrade path for Austro. I applaud Diamond's effort in diesel powerplants, the 42 is a sweet twin, but their singles are dying a miserable death on the market place. If they want to abandon the Lycoming models so badly, they had better offer a diesel with more capability than present.