Vent window lock broken

Open for questions of visitors of DAN. Posts of our guests are on moderation queue.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Enrick

Vent window lock broken

Post by Enrick »

Hi there, can anyonw ca told me or have in stock the rotative lock on the side window, one of my Da-40 as broke yesterday, want to replace both, adn keep my old one as a spare...

Question here, in this same flight, the XPDR quit and show service req's, and lost comms, gma1 is inop, traffic fail...., but the coms unit still on and the ptt still transmit, but nothing came ou, nothing cam in, even my speaker int he aircraft as stop.... all this code at the same time right after the shop put the aircraft out after flaps repair...

the mecanic just finish to trouble shoot and fix a flap problem, a small resistor as been blow..... the remove the rear seat to make som test... can you tell me if they can touch or disconect something by accident there...

2 month ago diamond make a pfd change and make complete firware reprograming adn put all lastes update standart on it, non wass, no svt.... an auto pilot servo quit, xpdr, comms.... flaps..... im start thinking if i dont have an electrical problem somewhere.... do you thing its better to send the 2 GIA 63 and the GTX 33 box to be serviced..

any advise ... thanks again adn happy new year to all proud diamond owner... :)

Re: Vent window lock broken

Post by 789 »

I too can use help finding a lead on Window Vent latch. Sounds like an all too common occurrence. I was hoping to buy the new improved version. I'm not a member of your forum (non owner) but helping out a friend (owner) on tracking down this part. I can be reached at rjtong@yahoo.com.
Thanks,
Rodney
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Post by Kai »

Go through this thread, download the pdf plans and go to a local cnc shop to have them done. I am not producing them anymore but if I ever get to make another batch, will let you know.
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
Colin
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Colin
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N972RD
Airports: KFHR

Post by Colin »

I cannot recommend those metal latches enough. They eliminated something that I worried about on nearly every flight. (I once broke one while crossing the country and spent the rest of the time taping the vent closed or holding it closed.)
Colin Summers, PP Multi-Engine IFR, ~3,000hrs
colin@mightycheese.com * send email rather than PM
http://www.flyingsummers.com
N972RD DA42 G1000 2.0 s/n 42.AC100 (sold!)
N971RD DA40 G1000 s/n 40.508 (traded)
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Kai »

There were quite a few who asked for more latches. While it seems that I am too lazy to produce another batch, I uploaded the drawings to shapeways. The prices are starting from $5 for the white, strong and flexible nylon plastic. But you could print them out in gold, if you wanted to and price goes up to a $4352. I added the option for the fun of it.

If anyone has a 3D printer at hand and you would like to print it out by yourself, send me a pm and I will forward the STL-file.

I have no clue on stability of the materials offered at shapeways, so cannot guarantee they will be sturdy enough, although in aluminium, I trust they will hold. In case you order, please update this thread and share your experience.

http://shpws.me/MlTy

Veldung
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: David
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N526EP
Airports: KEQY

Post by Veldung »

Hello Kai, I just order a couple plastic ones and will let you know how they turn out. Thanks!
LTek1
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Lee
Airports: KFCI

Post by LTek1 »

Me too! Thanks, Kai!
Lee Dickinson
N282DS, 2003 DA40 at KOFP
Avidyne Entegra (!), Dual GNS430, KAP140
Colin
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Colin
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N972RD
Airports: KFHR

Post by Colin »

Plastic? Why in plastic? At least go for the bronze. (That's my Olympic cheer. "At least go for the bronze!")
Colin Summers, PP Multi-Engine IFR, ~3,000hrs
colin@mightycheese.com * send email rather than PM
http://www.flyingsummers.com
N972RD DA42 G1000 2.0 s/n 42.AC100 (sold!)
N971RD DA40 G1000 s/n 40.508 (traded)
Veldung
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: David
Aircraft Registration: N526EP
Airports: KEQY

Post by Veldung »

Colin, I was tempted for the Gold version but then checked my bank account and opted for the plastic...
But I most likely will will have a couple Aluminum once made in our shop. I just did not have any time yet to do it! Kai was kind enough to send me the drawings.
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Kai »

For those of you who have a 3D printer at hand, I will gladly share the STL files. Or any other format you might require. Just pm me. Neverthelesss, the prices on shapeways are without any markup from my part and quite cheap. I hope to get some feedback from you guys who already ordered. .