Da-42ng afm revision 6 and AMM-TR-MAM-659

Open for questions of visitors of DAN. Posts of our guests are on moderation queue.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

N813ME

Da-42ng afm revision 6 and AMM-TR-MAM-659

Post by N813ME »

Just wanted ask why diamond has removed the ability to land over max gross landing weight. It used to be considered an abnormal procedure so you couldn't plan to do it but if you needed to it was alright. So let's say I have an emergency and land over max landing weight. That didn't require an overweight inspection. in revision 6 of the AFM they have removed the note in section two which said it was ok to land overweight and that it didn't require inspection. they have also removed the overweight landing procedure that used to be in section 4B of the afm. An overweight landing inspection has also been added to the AMM with the temp revision listed above. So basically the way I understand it is if I land the thing overweight at all, it needs an inspection before I can fly it again. This has caused the company I work for to not let us take-off over max landing weight for the fear that we might get the aircraft stuck somewhere. ( landing early and over weight due to weather/sick passenger primarily). We are also not capable of getting th max landing weight increase so 3979lbs is essentially now our max takeoff weight. Just wanted to know if anybody here has run into this and if they have gotten anything out of diamond about why this changed back when revision 6 came out. Thanks