Canopy key matching ignition

Open for questions of visitors of DAN. Posts of our guests are on moderation queue.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

h20wrks
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Jim
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: 815DS
Airports: 60J

Canopy key matching ignition

Post by h20wrks »

My DA40 has been dragging the starter when firing up. We have changed out both the starter and bull gear with no improvement with disengaging the Bendix drive. I just received a replacement ignition switch as I am hoping that maybe the return spring is weak on the current switch. I am looking for advice on how to match the canopy key locks to the new ignition switch. Can I order new matching tumblers for the canopies from Diamond or is this not worth the effort?

Thanks,
Jim Villa
Antoine
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Antoine
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N121AG
Airports: LSGG

Re: Canopy key matching ignition

Post by Antoine »

h20wrks wrote:My DA40 has been dragging the starter when firing up. We have changed out both the starter and bull gear with no improvement with disengaging the Bendix drive. I just received a replacement ignition switch as I am hoping that maybe the return spring is weak on the current switch. I am looking for advice on how to match the canopy key locks to the new ignition switch. Can I order new matching tumblers for the canopies from Diamond or is this not worth the effort?

Thanks,
Jim Villa
I don't think you can. Must also warn you that the canopy key locks are a disaster to replace.