Missing topic(s) in forum

Open for questions of visitors of DAN. Posts of our guests are on moderation queue.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

EKRK

Missing topic(s) in forum

Post by EKRK »

Hi,

I've been following this great site for a while, and there was a recent topic about a DA40 which was lost in Greenland during a ferry flight to the US.

This topic seems to have disappeared - is this due to an error, or has it been removed due to the subject matter (if so, I certainly understand and respect that).

Best regards,

Lars
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Re: Missing topic(s) in forum

Post by Kai »

Lars,

it is a sensitive issue for the family and other people involved in this forum. Once time has passed by, I might move it back to the public section. The only update I am willing to give at this point is that the plane and remains of the pilot have been found. The information is available on other sources, too:

http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2014/09/b ... nd-in.html
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)

Re: Missing topic(s) in forum

Post by Guest »

Kai wrote:Lars,

it is a sensitive issue for the family and other people involved in this forum. Once time has passed by, I might move it back to the public section.
Kai,

I think your approach is appropriate and considerate, and in keeping with the general high standards on this forum.

The main reason I raised the question was that the link to the topic appeared on the Topics list on the front page of the forum for a while after the topic itself seemed to have disappeared, so I thought it might have something to do with your recent technical issues with the site.

Best regards,

Lars