Why restrict classified ads?

Open for questions of visitors of DAN. Posts of our guests are on moderation queue.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

DA40 Stuff

Why restrict classified ads?

Post by DA40 Stuff »

I recently sold my third DA40 and it is time to clean out the hangar. According to forum rules, only members with three stars or more can post in the classified section and even those members are restricted to listing no more than five items per year.

I have some good new and lightly used DA40 stuff that someone on this forum would probably like to buy for half price. This Diamond forum would be the perfect place to let you know what is available but unfortunately I can't tell you about it.
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Re: Why restrict classified ads?

Post by Kai »

Hello,

it is a common question and I understand that it would be a great feature for both: the seller and our DAN members. Just not for me as it increases my workload a lot and I prefer to spend the time on other issues.

Seriously: we were more open to this kind of stuff but it created all kinds of trouble and issues. Once money gets involved, things aren´t as easy and fun anymore and I prefer to keep it this way.

If you have anything for sale, I am quite sure our members monitor ebay, craigslist and controller.com.
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
rwtucker
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rob
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N831BA
Airports: KFFZ KEUL

Post by rwtucker »

Kai wrote:Seriously: we were more open to this kind of stuff but it created all kinds of trouble and issues. Once money gets involved, things aren't as easy and fun anymore and I prefer to keep it this way.
Kai, I support the current policy. In fact, it is refreshing to not have sales clutter up this great exchange of knowledge and ideas. As you pointed out, there are plenty of venues that specialize in sales.

P.S. Kai -- The software stopped notifying me of new posts again; same as before the corruption and re-install. Also same as before, the system is showing one guest and no members browsing this thread.
Chris
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Chris
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N449TS
Airports: KHIO

Post by Chris »

rwtucker wrote:Kai, I support the current policy. In fact, it is refreshing to not have sales clutter up this great exchange of knowledge and ideas. As you pointed out, there are plenty of venues that specialize in sales.
I agree. I think the current policy strikes a nice balance.
Chris
N449TS / DA42-NG / 42.AC049
KHIO
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Post by Kai »

rwtucker wrote: Kai, I support the current policy. In fact, it is refreshing to not have sales clutter up this great exchange of knowledge and ideas. As you pointed out, there are plenty of venues that specialize in sales.

P.S. Kai -- The software stopped notifying me of new posts again; same as before the corruption and re-install. Also same as before, the system is showing one guest and no members browsing this thread.
Thank you very much! I get quite a bit of criticism for being so anal about sales here, so it is good to read that you support it.

About the software which stopped notifying you again about new posts: I have taken note of it, but have to solve a few bigger issues first. Hope to get it solved by the end of next week.
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
Chris B
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Chris
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N171CB
Airports: KRHV

Post by Chris B »

Hi Kai -

I'm with Chris & Robert. I participate in other forums, and once money is involved it often gets ugly.

Besides, at a minimum it is a hassle for you, and I don't want you to get tired of providing this forum!

Chris