5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rick
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: NONE
Airports: KROA

Re: Garmin Nav Data specs

Post by Rick »

DavidS wrote:re: SDHC, it may be device dependent.
I meant to comment on that in my previous post. I never could get SDHC cards to work in my 2004 DA40 (even as late as 2010 or 2011), but they work fine now in my 2007, so I believe at some point Garmin must have updated either the hardware or firmware to allow SDHC. So I think the bottom line is, they MIGHT work in your particular airplane, but you should try one first to be sure!
Roanoke, VA (KROA)
BlackMammoth
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Phil
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N29PG
Airports: KPSP

Post by BlackMammoth »

dgger wrote:... I was hoping to put together an app to update the nav data from within the cockpit - ideally using a mobile device. ...
The ability to load databases from a mobile device (think iPad / iPhone initially) to your certified panel mounted Garmin avionics is coming. Flightstream (now called Connext) has the ability to do this... however the certification and release process for the software is ssllooww...

Be aware it's in the pipeline and is part of Garmin's connected cockpit ecosystem.
ultraturtle
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rob
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N62KZ
Airports: KAAF

Post by ultraturtle »

Does anyone have the Garmin Connext card working in a v15 or earlier G1000 Diamond?
CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Post by CFIDave »

ultraturtle wrote:Does anyone have the Garmin Connext card working in a v15 or earlier G1000 Diamond?
Connext FlightStream 510 SD Card is supposed to work with G1000 NXi (only), but Garmin inexplicably didn't implement it in any of the current software for new DA40NG/DA42-VI/DA62 G1000 NXi aircraft (including my DA62 -- I own a 510 card that doesn't work). Rumor has it that there will be a new software release that fixes this by July.

But AFAIK, there's no software for any aircraft manufacturer that permits FlightStream 510 cards to work with legacy G1000s, including those running the latest GDU Version 15. You need G1000 NXi (which is running GDU 20 software.).
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI