5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

IMPORTANT: Updates and Upgrades of DAN

Post by Kai »

Our phpBB forum software is outdated and the new version 3.1.X was very complicated to install. All mods and design features were lost and we had to install them from scratch. The good news is that we did this in the background already and no content will be lost.

The advantage of the new phpBB version is that it is fully adaptive and can be displayed correctly on all kinds of devices. Of course, on displays of mobile phones, too. So no more Tapatalk needed. Tapatalk will be uninstalled also because it constantly needed updates and had security issues which were difficult to handle.

As the forum will be adaptive, it made sense to make the homepage adaptive, too. We will probably switch to the new homepage in a few hours.

All the design- and programming work in the background has become a major job and my programmer has spent 200+ hours already. I am not sure if it is worth it but I love this site and all the friends I have found here and that is enough reason to keep it alive.

Some further changes have become necessary: the site needs a more reliable income than donations. We will have a marketplace and every member will be able to sell their stuff here. Think of an Amazon-like place for Diamond parts and related goods and services. For an initial period until we see it all works fine, it will be free. Later on fees or commissions will be applied.

On the forum itself and the policy of not advertising there nothing will change.

Please, be patient as not everything will work on the first days and this site might be switched off a few times until all updates are installed.
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Re: IMPORTANT: Updates and Upgrades of DAN

Post by Kai »

Ahh.... sorry.... we deleted some posts when updating the forum software.
Doug
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Doug
Aircraft Type: DA42
Airports:

Post by Doug »

Looks great and all seems to be working better.
Thanks Kai!
Doug Thompson
CYXH - Medicine Hat, AB
Comm, ME, IFR
smoss
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Type: DA40
Airports: KVGT

Post by smoss »

When first going to DAN main page, there is a header for Reports, Wiki, etc., although the reports has no option to upload. Once I log in, the only thing available is the forums section, with the main page containing wiki, reports, etc. no longer accessible.
Steve
DA40 XL
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Kai »

Steve, Thanks for letting us know but we are fully aware of the fact that for right now only the most vital functions are working: homepage and the forum. Right now, not even all functions of the forum are fully available and we are trying to get those back before taking care of the reports, shop and gallery as well as other smaller items.

It will definitely take another few days, if not weeks to get it all back to normal.

Again, my apologies for that.
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Kai »

Doug,

Thanks for your comment. The first thing I noticed was that finally we have sorted out the persistant login error. Once you marked "stay logged in", you will stay logged in until you delete all cookies.

Also, our forum seems to display quite well on mobile displays now. All other features will be back soon.

For reasons which I do not understand myself yet, I have to approve my own posts. I hope it does not happen to others here, too. In case you see errors or unexplainable issues going on and you cannot post as before, please, send me a message to admin (at) diamondaviators dot net
Rich
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rich
Aircraft Registration: N40XE
Airports: S39 Prineville OR

Post by Rich »

It looks like avatars have tighter restrictions on size. Is this intended?
2002 DA40-180: MT, PowerFlow, 530W/430W, KAP140, ext. baggage, 1090 ES out, 2646 MTOW, 40gal., Surefly, Flightstream 210, Orion 600 LED, XeVision, Aspen E5
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Kai »

No intentions to restrict avatars more than they were, Rich. Now it is 100 x 100 and I simply don´t remember which size we allowed before. We can try any size.
Rich
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rich
Aircraft Registration: N40XE
Airports: S39 Prineville OR

Post by Rich »

Kai wrote:No intentions to restrict avatars more than they were, Rich. Now it is 100 x 100 and I simply don´t remember which size we allowed before. We can try any size.
Kai,

The avatar I was using is 320x240, if that's any indication.

I also had a number of attachments that have disappeared from the site. They tended to be up to maybe 640x480. I don't know if size was the reason they're no longer around, though.
2002 DA40-180: MT, PowerFlow, 530W/430W, KAP140, ext. baggage, 1090 ES out, 2646 MTOW, 40gal., Surefly, Flightstream 210, Orion 600 LED, XeVision, Aspen E5
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Kai »

Thank you, Rich! Will look into this avatar thing tomorrow. On the attachments you were right: we did not copy all from the /files/ directory over. Don´t ask me why. Now they should be there. Please, check and in case they are not, please, let me know at least on post where they are not.