2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Bill Armstrong
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N236MA
Airports: KSNA

Re: IMPORTANT: Updates and Upgrades of DAN

Post by Bill A. »

Kai - this looks great... thanks as always for keeping it up. I think it is a great idea to have a way for you to monetize it.

Also, I know that there are several moving parts based on the thread above, but i can't figure out how to get the reports section to work - it requires a password, but once logged in it is inaccessible, once you get back to it you're no longer logged in - i would normally attribute the problem to the user :roll: ; by chance if it isn't me, probably just another thing to add to the list.

Thanks again,

Bill
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Post by Kai »

Bill A.,

thanks for your input. We are aware of the fact that the login does not work for the external scripts. We used to have a mod which allowed to login and then only registered users could access to the reports upload function. Unfortunately, this mod was lost during the update. The old mod was programmed by Miao, my former full-time coder who is not with me anymore and very busy nowadays.

Hopefully, he will help us to get it back alive but if not, we will also have to do it from scratch.

Will see if I can sort out why some avatars were lost and try to bring them back alive now.

Btw, when quoting someone like I did here "Bill A.", the user should receive an e-mail advising that he was mentioned in the thread.
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
Bill A.
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member

Post by Bill A. »

I spent some time this evening playing around with the new website and discovered that the REPORTS page does work and you can access it... Here's what i did...

a) From the home page click on "Reports"
b) In the lower right corner there is a link for "Enter Reports" - click here
c) This will bring up the login screen - enter your login credentials - this will take you to the forum page. If you click the "Reports" page here it doesn't work.... don't do that...
d) After you enter your login from (c) and are sitting on the "Forum" page, click the "back page" button on your browser twice - this is the button on Safari/Explorer - not part of the website. This will take you back to the "Reports" page that you actually accessed earlier under (b) but this time with the login credentials [make sure to click the back button twice - if you only click once it just takes you back to the login screen].

Now you'll notice that you have access to the reports page with all the logged in features (both single and batch uploads) - it works - I tested it with a half dozen flights, and then downloaded to Google Earth without any problems... :D :D :D
Bill A.
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member

Post by Bill A. »

And that just goes to show that you should use the search button first... hahaha... I see it wasn't my awesome technical skills, but really the site working as it was designed. You can do what I did above or just click the "Reports" link at the top of the page and it works.
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Post by Kai »

Thanks for the feedback, Bill. Yes, I mentioned it worked already in another thread about 2 weeks ago but it seems we have a few threads open about the website and the update and I forgot to mention it in this thread, too.

Actually, the site should work for anyone logged in and using any browser without any need to go through the homepage. Nevertheless, I will improve this and will put up a nice navigation bar but I need to design it and was too busy with other projects in the last days to get it done.
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
GLDAS
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dan
Aircraft Registration: N969GL
Airports: LL10

Post by GLDAS »

Kai,
The new look is geat. Can you re-enable Tapatalk for us mobile consumers?
Thanks.
-de
Dan P. Eldridge
Great Lakes Diamond
DavidS
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: David
Airports: KHEF

Post by DavidS »

GLDAS wrote:Can you re-enable Tapatalk for us mobile consumers?
Heh, I actually hope it stays disabled. The new website is mobile friendly and for extra bonus I no longer get nagged to install unwanted software.
Chris
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Chris
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N449TS
Airports: KHIO

Post by Chris »

DavidS wrote:
GLDAS wrote:Can you re-enable Tapatalk for us mobile consumers?
Heh, I actually hope it stays disabled. The new website is mobile friendly and for extra bonus I no longer get nagged to install unwanted software.
Not me. I really miss the Tapatalk capability since that's how I keep up to date with 90% of the forums I read. The new website is great, but much slower to navigate and not as convenient for mobile even with the improvements on that front. I didn't realize there was a nagware aspect to it, though.
Chris
N449TS / DA42-NG / 42.AC049
KHIO
Colin
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Colin
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N972RD
Airports: KFHR

Post by Colin »

When I click "Unread Posts" I get nothing on the list.

If I click "Active Topics" I can see read ones that have posts I have not read. (Clicking "First Unread" in these topics brings me to the post I have not read.)
unread.png
active.png
Colin Summers, PP Multi-Engine IFR, ~3,000hrs
colin@mightycheese.com * send email rather than PM
http://www.flyingsummers.com
N972RD DA42 G1000 2.0 s/n 42.AC100 (sold!)
N971RD DA40 G1000 s/n 40.508 (traded)
Rick
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rick
Aircraft Registration: NONE
Airports: KROA

Post by Rick »

Colin wrote:When I click "Unread Posts" I get nothing on the list.

If I click "Active Topics" I can see read ones that have posts I have not read. (Clicking "First Unread" in these topics brings me to the post I have not read.)
Same behavior here, and it has been this way since the "Unread Posts" button was added several weeks ago. Also, nothing ever shows up for me when clicking "New Topics". Currently, it seems "Active Topics" is the only way to find new posts I haven't read. Which is fine, I guess, but the other button(s) shouldn't exist if they aren't going to (eventually) do something! I always used the old "Unread Posts" button in the previous version to keep up...

Just something to put on the list, Kai - certainly NOT critical.
Roanoke, VA (KROA)