Bug removal

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Robin
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Robin
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: VH-JRZ
Airports: YMPC POINT COOK, MELBOURNE

Re: Bug removal

Post by Robin »

The lastest Sporty's email newsletter arrived in the email this morning. Has anyone used the following product??

[quote][/quote]Aviation Consumer's "Gear of the Year"

Now Available for Private Aircraft!

Arrow Magnolia has been supplying airlines and corporate owners with industrial-strength cleaning supplies for years. Because of demands for large quantities, these chemicals were previously available only in large drums. Now through a special arrangement with Arrow Magnolia, Sporty's® offers these supplies in smaller quantities, better suited for your aircraft. We have used these products for years on everything from rentals to Hal's personal Aztec and feel confident you will be impressed with their performance.

Fleet Wash

Highly concentrated and effective, Fleet Wash leaves a wax-like finish. Contains a special blend of detergents which causes water to literally sheet away, minimizing spotting and the need to hand-dry. This high-foaming, water-soluble detergent is safe for use on all aircraft finishes, rubber and Plexiglas®. A superior aircraft washing agent for fleets of 1 to 101. Dilutes 20 to 1; leaves your airplane looking like you just waxed it. Meets Air Force Specification MIL-C-25769-E.
Gallon size will last an entire season--a great value!

Sounds good

Cheers

Robin

Gallon size will last an entire season--a great value!
Robin
DA-40XLS 40.1078
VH-JRZ, Australia
Chris
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Chris
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N449TS
Airports: KHIO

Post by Chris »

We use Fleet Wash whenever we do a full fuselage cleaning, and it seems to work great. I'm not really sure how it differs from other cleaning products, but it seems pretty concentrated and does a good job of getting off the oily grime that collects on the belly of the plane.
Chris
N449TS / DA42-NG / 42.AC049
KHIO
Robin
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Robin
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: VH-JRZ
Airports: YMPC POINT COOK, MELBOURNE

Post by Robin »

Yes Chris that is what I am keen to clean off next week, when I hopefulyl have my DA 40 XLS rescued from the outback.

Cheers

Robin
Robin
DA-40XLS 40.1078
VH-JRZ, Australia
Ralphie
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Ralphie
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Airports:

Post by Ralphie »

I use a combo of water and silicone free liquid cleaner wax mixed in a spray bottle (secret Ralphie formula). Works nicely and waaaay cheaper than other products. Also it provides a nice coat of wax on the leading edges making it even easier to clean the bugs off.....I also use the "Ralphie" formula in between waxes to wipe down the entire plane......I've probably got the slickest DA20 out there. Maybe thats why I see 150 ktas....... :P

One note I detail and wax my plane 2-3 times a year.
Aart
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Aart
Aircraft Type: DA42
Airports:

Post by Aart »

I am cautious tu use anything other than water, because I am uncertain as to the damage I could do to the interior on the TKS panels. TKS reps I talked to in Oskosh were unsure, and suggested to be safe rather than sorry.. Any ideas?
Aart
DA42.332 PH-CCD LESB (Palma de Mallorca, Spain)