3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Enrick
Aircraft Type: DA20
Aircraft Registration: C-GBUV
Airports: CYOW

Da-40 Paint Sheme

Post by Enrouk »

Hi Guys, here is a preview of my exterior look, wath do you think....
IMG_6764.JPG
rwtucker
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rob
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N831BA
Airports: KFFZ KEUL

Re: Da-40 Paint Sheme

Post by rwtucker »

Fantastic look! What part is paint? Decals?
Enrouk
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by Enrouk »

all vinyl decal, no paint... i like to change look sometime, and its easy and cheap....
Wall-e
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Wally
Aircraft Registration: N125HA
Airports: ARW

Post by Wall-e »

Enrouk wrote:all vinyl decal, no paint... i like to change look sometime, and its easy and cheap....
Would you mind sharing how you do this? Where do you get the vinyl graphics and how do you remove and apply the new?
Wally
CFII
Bill A.
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Bill Armstrong
Aircraft Registration: N236MA
Airports: KSNA

Post by Bill A. »

I too would like to know how to do this. . :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enrouk
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by Enrouk »

sorry for the delay, i was bussy to work on my project, i have take a few picutre for you guys, let me see this and i will post some picture on the project and how to remove old vynil stripe, how to clean and prep the Aircraft to receive new vynil decal and how to do it....
Enrouk
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by Enrouk »

Hi guys, some of you ask to see how i to do it, so here is a few picture i take specialy for you, see step by step and how i work, its a great pleasure to explain it to you,
Here is the aircraft before i start the work on it, first step, make a normal wash on it with soap, remove all bug, oil and other dirty thing on the aircraft.
Here is the aircraft before i start the work on it, first step, make a normal wash on it with soap, remove all bug, oil and other dirty thing on the aircraft.
After the aircraft is dry, you can take heat gun to make some heat on the old vinyl stripe, but do heat them to mutch, start slowly and you will find how hot temperature you need to remove it.
After the aircraft is dry, you can take heat gun to make some heat on the old vinyl stripe, but do heat them to mutch, start slowly and you will find how hot temperature you need to remove it.
Some color of vinyl strip on original Diamond the blue specalit make some crack and its a long an long painful process to remove it by hane and heat gun, so we buy this tool, its in full rubber, you can put it a drill, put them on the stripe adn voila, but do turn it to fast, you can burn the paint, start slowly, they remove almost all glue at the same time
Some color of vinyl strip on original Diamond the blue specalit make some crack and its a long an long painful process to remove it by hane and heat gun, so we buy this tool, its in full rubber, you can put it a drill, put them on the stripe adn voila, but do turn it to fast, you can burn the paint, start slowly, they remove almost all glue at the same time
and i polish all window inside and outside, with 3m special compund fr car headlight, a smooth buffering and low speed, i made all this in 2 hours. when i got it i put the glass at 4/10 and now after the project its 9/10 a big differance,
and i polish all window inside and outside, with 3m special compund fr car headlight, a smooth buffering and low speed, i made all this in 2 hours. when i got it i put the glass at 4/10 and now after the project its 9/10 a big differance,
i put propeler protective tape
i put propeler protective tape
to remove alll excess of glue, you can use hydrat emytyl alchool, but not to much, .... after this you need make some buffering with step by step process, i use alway Meguiar's marine and rv product, i start with the oxidation remover, after this if i saw some scratch, i use ruff copound on some spot, step 2 more light cumpound, ultra light compound and anti swirl, after its a high gloss polish.... you have to do this job inside a hangard for best result with flusforesent roof light, int he reflect you can see better on the surface of the skin how clean they are or scratch.... when done, you are ready to put your vinyl stripe
to remove alll excess of glue, you can use hydrat emytyl alchool, but not to much, .... after this you need make some buffering with step by step process, i use alway Meguiar's marine and rv product, i start with the oxidation remover, after this if i saw some scratch, i use ruff copound on some spot, step 2 more light cumpound, ultra light compound and anti swirl, after its a high gloss polish.... you have to do this job inside a hangard for best result with flusforesent roof light, int he reflect you can see better on the surface of the skin how clean they are or scratch.... when done, you are ready to put your vinyl stripe
Enrouk
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by Enrouk »

P1050443.jpg
P1050444.jpg
on my aircraft i choose 3d effect, before you are ready to put the vinyl, put some piece temperature water in a clean spray bottle with a spoon of kitchen soap... mixte them, spray them on the desired selected area wher you want you vinyl, after this, remove the film slowly, be carfull to not drop it or page to fold and touch eatch other. they have some static on it, so they help a lot when you remove the film, spay some water and soap on it, they remove all static, afther this put it on the aircraft, take you time to put it where you want it, slowly push the to the skinn of the aircraft, with water and soap on it, you have a few minute to make adjustement to have level and athe place you want it.... if you see they stat to not move, and you need to remove them, take on corner, adn pull fast for a brief moment and the vinyl strip will be remove, you put again water on the surface and start again,
on my aircraft i choose 3d effect, before you are ready to put the vinyl, put some piece temperature water in a clean spray bottle with a spoon of kitchen soap... mixte them, spray them on the desired selected area wher you want you vinyl, after this, remove the film slowly, be carfull to not drop it or page to fold and touch eatch other. they have some static on it, so they help a lot when you remove the film, spay some water and soap on it, they remove all static, afther this put it on the aircraft, take you time to put it where you want it, slowly push the to the skinn of the aircraft, with water and soap on it, you have a few minute to make adjustement to have level and athe place you want it.... if you see they stat to not move, and you need to remove them, take on corner, adn pull fast for a brief moment and the vinyl strip will be remove, you put again water on the surface and start again,
P1050457.jpg
slowly, start to remove some buble air, starting from the midle to the top to botom, until you can see you remove all them most posible, but do it slowly ly, like baby step.... after this take the heat gun anf make some heat on it, but dont put the gun to close to the vinyl, you can burn it, move the gun alway dont stay at the same spot, when they stat to be a litle be hot than the pieac tempature, remve againe all buble air slowly, after this remove the protective filme, put some water and sop on hte vinyl and you can do the same procees to remove all buble air.....
slowly, start to remove some buble air, starting from the midle to the top to botom, until you can see you remove all them most posible, but do it slowly ly, like baby step.... after this take the heat gun anf make some heat on it, but dont put the gun to close to the vinyl, you can burn it, move the gun alway dont stay at the same spot, when they stat to be a litle be hot than the pieac tempature, remve againe all buble air slowly, after this remove the protective filme, put some water and sop on hte vinyl and you can do the same procees to remove all buble air.....
P1050455.jpg
Enrouk
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by Enrouk »

P1050451.jpg
P1050452.jpg
P1050453.jpg
P1050445.jpg
P1050446.jpg
P1050447.jpg
Enrouk
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by Enrouk »

P1050448.jpg
P1050448.jpg
P1050472.jpg
P1050472.jpg
ater all this, clesar the aircraft again, adn put 2 to 4 wax process on it...

total time at 2 guy to remove the strip, 6 hours
total tiem to make buffering on it, 40h
time to install all vinyl strip 8 hours
time to put 4 wax process, 5 hours
cost for the vinyl stip idea, concept, and all material, 1250$ in canadian money
kit of meguiar's cleaning kit, 70$ us...

hope they will help you