2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: john
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N727MZ
Airports: KBOI

Re: DA40 on Dirt Strips

Post by jd4727 »

That's odd John...you would think same airframe, same engine, same performance? I flew mine tonight with a full load and yep 144 ground speed at about 4500 msl. Wonder what's up with yours.

I wish that we could get that IO-390 STC'd for the DA-40 on TBO.... That extra HP might make all the difference. The Sportsman seems to be quite a plane...backcountry capable and 145kt cross country capable...The proverbial Swiss Army knife.

Hope to see you out this way this summer.
johnu
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: johnu
Aircraft Registration: N913JD
Airports: KAEG

Post by johnu »

John,

Looks like I will be out in Idaho in August. The strips we will be flying into will be Johnson Creek Sandy Creek and Garden Valley. I am told that all 3 are extremely well taken care of grass strips that my Diamond can handle. Any thoughts?

BTW talked to Hartzell and they said I could run my prop on my plane at 2500RPM. Picked up 5 knots!!
rwtucker
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rob
Aircraft Registration: N831BA
Airports: KFFZ KEUL

Post by rwtucker »

JohnU and John,

We are having a fly-in and open house at the McCall airport August 1-2. We're planning some seminars on Back Country Flying and a few other fun things. I was planning on getting some details out to you and any other DAN member that might be interested. I'll get details out in a few days.