3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Doug
Aircraft Type: DA40D
Aircraft Registration: N333WF
Airports: KBWG

Diamond Parts??

Post by eHotAir »

My DA40 is going thru annual right now at my local airport. My IA needs to order some Diamond parts. Does anyone know who carries a good inventory of stock parts in the USA so he can order them? :scratch:
Doug Robertson
Twcostanzo
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Thomas
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N350RJ
Airports: F45

Re: Diamond Parts??

Post by Twcostanzo »

Don't know where you are but Premire Air in Florida stocks a lot
Tim H
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Tim
Aircraft Registration: N233MA
Airports: KMGY

Post by Tim H »

+1 on Premier in Florida. They have a large inventory of parts and are very helpful. I get all my Diamond parts from them.
Steve
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Registration: N432SC
Airports: 1T7

Post by Steve »

I have ordered from Premiere a few times in the past and have been satisfied. More recently (a couple of months ago) I sent them an e-mail regarding a quote for parts and didn't receive a reply, so I sourced the parts elsewhere. Not sure what's going on with that...

Steve
CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Post by CFIDave »

You as an owner (or your mechanic/IA) should be able to go through any Diamond Service Center for parts, since they each have accounts with Diamond Canada to order whatever they need -- occasionally they might actually have parts in stock already. Premiere in Ft. Lauderdale, FL is one example.
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI
LTek1
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Lee
Airports: KFCI

Post by LTek1 »

Does Diamond control prices pretty well? Are parts about the same price from any service center?
Lee Dickinson
N282DS, 2003 DA40 at KOFP
Avidyne Entegra (!), Dual GNS430, KAP140
CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Post by CFIDave »

LTek1 wrote:Does Diamond control prices pretty well? Are parts about the same price from any service center?
Yes, and yes. Unlike some older airframes, there usually aren't competitive 3rd-party suppliers for parts that will fit a Diamond aircraft. And it's often difficult in the US to find metric nuts, bolts, and screws that are aircraft-grade, since Diamond is one of the few metric airframes in North America. (One of the nice things that Diamond Austria provided when we picked up our new DA42 last year was a bag of extra nuts, bolts, and screws -- a nice touch.)

That, however, doesn't apply to most of the "firewall forward" parts -- particularly parts for the DA40's Lycoming IO-360 engine. You can easily purchase competitively-priced oil filters, spark plugs, air filters, etc. from Aircraft Spruce or other aircraft parts suppliers. The same is also true for tires, brake pads, etc. Basically those parts that tend to wear out and/or be replaced routinely are available from competitive 3rd parties, while Diamond-specific airframe parts (that you shouldn't need very often) are only available from Diamond thru their Service Centers.

Unfortunately this isn't true for parts/supplies for DA42 diesel engines (Thielert or Austro) -- since these engines aren't (yet?) very popular. Despite some parts that are automotive in origin (e.g., genuine Mercedes auto oil filters that are used for Austro engines), it's difficult to obtain legal aviation-certified parts and fluids (e.g., gearbox oil, fuel filters, etc.) sourced from anyone other than Diamond for routine 100-hour oil/filter changes. So shops that work on DA42s are forced to order "100 hour kits" from Diamond.
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI