3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Graham
Aircraft Type: DA62NG
Aircraft Registration: GReg
Airports: EGNJ

RH Fuel Temperature Sensor Error - 2.0 TDi

Post by Graham291 »

I get random temperatures from the RH Fuel sensor, sometimes a bit disconcerting.

LH is fine.

Both sensors can be in the green and then all of a sudden the RH sensor reads in the Red, not necessarily full scale deflection, but very hot. After a while it recovers to Green.

It also sets off the RED WARNING caption on the G1000.

Anyone else experienced same thing?

I'm guessing a faulty sensor.

Graham
Cheers
Graham
wolfvoador
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Wolfgang
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N430PS
Airports: MYNN NASSAU BAHAMAS

Re: RH Fuel Temperature Sensor Error - 2.0 TDi

Post by wolfvoador »

Same here, 2 years later, and with a DA42 NG. Up to 110 degrees C, but had to take corrective action (POH: reduce power, descend, AUX tanks on) to correct it. Happens after over 2 hours in flight. Only one side, as you. After first occurrence, I keep an eye on fuel temp, and if RH goes over 55 degrees, fly a bit assymetrically (reduce RH power to 40/50%, leave LH on 75%), this brings it quickly back below 40. Anyhow, will fly it to Annual tomorrow, and they should deal with it. Did you find ever out, what your problem was? Got it fixed?
Graham291
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Graham
Aircraft Type: DA62NG
Aircraft Registration: GReg
Airports: EGNJ

Re: RH Fuel Temperature Sensor Error - 2.0 TDi

Post by Graham291 »

Yes, it wasn't the probe they are very reliable and simple things. It was the wiring connection at the actual probe. Every now and then it would wriggle free and cause the error. sometimes the error would be full scale, other times it would be small. Flying asymmetric may just be giving you the required turbulence to bounce the wiring back into place. They showed me the probe, it looks very solid. I'd be very surprised if one was intermittent faulty. Either it would always work or it wouldn't. If its temporary / transient error suspect the connecting wiring in my opinion.

Good luck
Cheers
Graham