Christian Dries speaks about success

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

robert63
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Robert
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: OE-FAR
Airports: LOWL

Christian Dries speaks about success

Post by robert63 »

At an industrial congress in Austria, Christian Dries, the owner of Diamond Aircraft, speaks about success and how he has become successful with his own enterprise. He also gives outlooks to future products and his activities in China.
The full speech can be found at http://www.industriemagazin.at/a/die-be ... -nachschau or here [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1790&v=bt8nyLpRJgk[/youtube].

Unfortunately it is in German language, but he shows some pictures as well. In case of particular interest I'm happy to translate some sections.
Antoine
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Antoine
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N121AG
Airports: LSGG

Re: Christian Dries speaks about success

Post by Antoine »

Very nice find Robert. It shows some interesting aspects of Mr Dries' personality and his vision.

They have 560 employees in Austria and build 200 aircraft per year there. (I suppose the number of employees includes Austro Engine). They also have developed some advanced avionics for UAV and sensing peripherals.

China and Russia is where I understand he is looking for growth and strong investment partners.
What he and his company have already achieved in terms of market penetration in both markets deserves respect.
Noteworthy: he no longer is involved as a shareholder in the plant that makes the DA40s in China.
Some (borderline) explanation of the idea behind the DA-62: a DA42 for "larger" customers who felt cramped in the 42.
He said they have sold to China a project to build a factory that will (should, might, may???) build a revolutionary VTOL aircraft. The picture had a D-Jet fuselage, two wings, four rotors with electric motors and a turbine power generator plus an airframe parachute. This really looked like an april's fool!