Looking for a ride

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Robert C.
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Robert
Aircraft Type: NONE
Airports: KDXR

Looking for a ride

Post by Robert C. »

Hi Folks,

You all have been kind enough to let me "lurk" and benefit from the crowd-sourced wisdom and ask the occasional question as I was researching what plane to buy.

At this point I'm trying to make up my mind whether to make an offer on a DA-40 XLS or a Mooney Ovation. Depending on the day of the week or the hour I can rationalize either plane for my mission and for what I'd see as the "fun factor."

I had a chance to fly along in a Mooney, but haven't yet sat in or flown in a DA-40.

Can I bribe someone with a lunch or gas money to introduce me to their DA-40 and let me pick their brain on what ownership is like?

I fly out of KDXR-Danbury, CT and live in driving distance of KHPN White Plains and KBDR Bridgeport. Also happy to borrow a club plane and fly somewhere to visit. So anywhere in the Tri-State area or Southern New England would work.

If you know of a place that rents DA-40s around here I'd also be happy to explore that.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

-Robert
Chris B
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Chris
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N171CB
Airports: KRHV

Re: Looking for a ride

Post by Chris B »

Hi Robert -

Hopefully someone in your back yard will offer you a ride. But if work ever takes you out this way, or you simply want an excuse to visit CA and enjoy the scenery (lunch in Tahoe?), let me know!

Chris
CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Re: Looking for a ride

Post by CFIDave »

Robert:

I'd like to suggest you send a private message to Stephen who owns a DA40 XLS at KHPN White Plains to see his plane. His ID here on the forums is "HPNAviator"

- Dave
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI